1. We admitted we were powerless in our addictions - that our
lives had become unmanageable.|
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves
could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over
to the care of our Higher Power as we understood It.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of
5. Admitted to our Higher Power, to ourselves, and to another human
being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have our Higher Power remove all these
defects of character.
7. Humbly asked It to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became
willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible,
except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we
were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our
conscious contact with our Higher Power, as we understood
It, praying only
for knowledge of Its will for us and the power to carry that
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a results of
these steps, we tried to carry this message to those in
recovery, and practice these principles in all our affairs.
Download this and other literature in our document center